History of MediciGlobal
With nearly two decades delivering outstanding results, MG is a world leader serving the global Life Sciences industry and a preferred provider to many biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
MediciGlobal is a patient recruitment-retention specialty firm serving the clinical trials industry. Liz Moench’s founding vision in 1991 was to create a company that addressed the primary cause of clinical trial delays: ineffective patient recruitment.
As an industry pioneer, Liz Moench introduced the first direct-to-consumer advertising programme for a prescription drug, and nearly a decade later launched the first patient recruitment programme for an oncology trial. The company continues to lead the industry in developing innovative patient recruitment programmes around the globe.
- MediciGlobal founded under the name MediciGroup.
- MediciGlobal utilises video news releases and patient advocacy for paediatric and adult epilepsy studies and orphan disease (CIDP).
- MediciGlobal launches the first industry workshops on patient recruitment for the Drug Information Association (DIA).
- MediciGlobal implements CTIP® (Clinical Trials Implementation Planning) workshops to prepare sites for recruitment and retention strategies for several complex studies. These were conducted for a major biotech company and a major global pharma company. Company expands to 7 people.
- MediciGlobal presents paper at How to Market Healthcare Products on the Internet conference.
- MediciGlobal builds first study Websites in support of patient recruitment. Company expands to 9 people.
- MediciGlobal starts DIA (Drug Information Association) conferences for Patient Recruitment.
- MediciGlobal publishes first industry forecasting model (the Leaky Pipe aka The Recruitment Funnel).
- MediciGlobal expands into new offices and the team continues to grow.
- MediciGlobal launches global recruitment-retention programme.
- MediciGlobal launches SCORE™; Study Coordinator Recognition Programme for a major Pharma company’s pivotal oncology study.
- Moves corporate headquarters to dedicated office building.
- MediciGlobal brings phone pre screening in-house. Company expands to 20 people.
- Graphic design is brought in-house. Company expands to 26 people.
- MediciGlobal launches Study Coordinator Web Portal for 24/7 access to information for recruitment-retention management: www. StudyCoordinator.net. Company expands to 30 people.
- MediciGlobal launches Study Sponsor Web Portal for 24/7 access to information for recruitment-retention management: http://www.StudySponsor.net. Company expands to 35 people.
- European office opens. Company expands to 42 people.
- MediciGlobal launches global recruitment technology: ADapt™.
- MediciGlobal is voted number 1 by study coordinators.
- MediciGlobal builds patient advocacy and guerrilla marketing team. Company expands to 45 people.
- MediciGlobal CEO speaks at the Human Subject Protection Conference held at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center in October. The Conference is sponsored by the University of Cincinnati, Schulman Associates IRB, Inc. and the University of Kentucky.
- MediciGlobal brings public relations in-house.
- MediciGlobal builds viral marketing team and expands to 50 plus full time team members.
- EMEA orders a major Pharma Company (and Medici client) to withdraw its product from the market. The company removes the product from 47 countries. MediciGlobal adjusts headcount as a result of this regulatory decision and the loss of two global studies and one domestic one.
- ADapt™ 2.0 is released with improved features on functionality, speed, and global tracking and stats on global use, with several thousand documents culturally adapted for use.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs the first annual Europe conference on Patient Recruitment and Retention in Amsterdam organised by Alan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal hires Martin Collyer as its COO to further enhance MediciGlobal’s global systems and processes.
- MediciGlobal launches Head Start to Recruitment™, an innovative process delivering patient-centric feasibility, and ‘living databases’ of patients interested in clinical trial participation; real-time-databases with current-up to date information.
- MediciGlobal launches the first industry global portal to locate missing patients for clinical trials and its division L2FU.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs the second annual Europe conference on Patient Recruitment and Retention in Amsterdam organised by Allan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal is interviewed by US newspaper, The Wall Street Journal, for a supplement on clinical trials.
- MediciGlobal surveys 800 study coordinators for feedback on the design and release of its next version of http://www.StudyCoordinator.net, MediciGlobal’s Recruitment-Retention Online Management Portal.
- MediciGlobal CEO accepts invitation to lecture on Patient Recruitment and Retention to students in clinical research in India.
- MediciGlobal’s L2FU team reports the successful recovery of 100% of a recent pivotal study’s lost clinical trial patients. This was achieved in only one month.
- MediciGlobal’s Global eMarketing Director selected as a PharmaVoice100 award recipient for innovation in further developing MediciGlobal’s Head Start to Recruitment™ process and global eMarketing outreach for patient recruitment programmes.
- MediciGlobal expands its focus in patient enrollment for rare diseases and supports the efforts of small venture backed biotech companies.
- MediciGlobal launches Team Epilepsy on Facebook in January to provide support and raise awareness about a clinical trial for partial onset seizures.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs and speaks at the third annual Europe conference on Patient Recruitment and Retention in Amsterdam, organised by Allan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal CEO speaks at the Patient Recruitment Outsourcing Conference in Boston in September.
- MediciGlobal launches its digital marketing division Access To Patients (A2P).
- MediciGlobal CEO speaks at the DIA Rare Diseases and Orphan Products Summit in Washington DC in October. Also that month, she chairs a workshop at the Patient Recruitment, Compliance and Retention for Clinical Trials Conference in New York City.
- MediciGlobal’s Team Epilepsy becomes the largest epilepsy community on Facebook, bringing together nearly 45,000 people worldwide to interact about the condition online.
- MediciGlobal’s Team Epilepsy on Facebook, hosts a national contest encouraging fans to “Get Purple, Get Proud and Get Posted.” In January, Team Epilepsy and the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia travel to Brunswick to personally congratulate the 13-year-old winner.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs and speaks at the fourth annual Europe conference on Patient Recruitment and Retention in Barcelona, organised by Allan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal CEO speaks on two panel sessions at the 2012 DIA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia
- MediciGlobal’s Team Epilepsy on Facebook, the world’s largest online epilepsy community, reaches a milestone of 235,000 members from 50 countries worldwide.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs and speaks at the first annual Patient Recruitment and Retention USA Summit in Chicago, organised by Allan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal announces in November that over 25,000 fans have shown their support for clinical research by joining the Facebook page Alzheimer’s Team.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs and speaks at the fifth annual Europe conference on Patient Recruitment and Retention in Barcelona, organised by Allan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal CEO participates in a CEO IntroNet TV Interview and Panel Discussion at 6ABC studios in Philadelphia.
- MediciGlobal’s Alzheimer’s Team, the online Facebook community dedicated to advancing new Alzheimer’s treatments through clinical trials reaches 100,000 Facebook ‘Likes’ in September.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs a session at the seventh annual DIA Clinical Forum in Dublin.
- MediciGlobal’s L2FU team is asked to recover patients for a major global diabetes study. Working within a specific time frame, the team successfully delivers the missing information necessary to complete data analysis.
- MediciGlobal CEO chairs and speaks at the second annual Patient Recruitment and Retention USA Summit in Philadelphia, organised by Allan Lloyds.
- MediciGlobal CEO speaks at the mHealth Summit Roundtable held at the Gaylord Resort at National Harbor, near Washington, DC.
- MediciGlobal CEO will chair a session and speak at the SCOPE Summit being held in Miami in February.
- MediciGlobal CEO will chair and speak at the sixth annual Europe conference on Patient Recruitment and Retention being held in Berlin in February. The Conference is organised by Allan Lloyds.